Instructions for authors
Pokyny pro úpravu příspěvků
Instructions for authors
Richtlinien für die Publikation
Wskazówki dla autorów
Principles of publishing in the journal Slezský sborník are applied in accordance with the code of ethics of publishing experience, which is defined and anchored by international forum Publication Ethics Committee (COPE).
- All manuscripts are reviewed anonymous based on their content without regard for age, gender, confession, rase/ethnicity, country of origin or sexual and political orientation of the authors. All manuscripts submitted for peer-review are kept strictly confidential. The Academic Board (editorial staff) of the journal must not disclose any information about a submitted manuscript to anyone other than the corresponding author or reviewers (as well as potential ones). Information and ideas gained through peer review must be kept confidential and not used for personal advantage.
- Submitted manuscripts must not have been published elsewhere. Submitting the same manuscript to more than one journal contemporaneously constitutes unethical publishing behaviour and is unacceptable.
- The authors agree that the submitted text is authentic and original work, has not been published yet in any form. If the text has already been published prior to administration, the author is required to fundamentally remake or complete it. The revised or amended text has to include a link to the original paper, justificiation of changes and the expression of advance in knowledge.
- The authors have to strictly and properly confess their sources (articles/books/ideas of other authors, historical sources) that have been influential of the reported work. Plagiarism or use of untrusted source sis unacceptable.
- Authors are responsible for the correct specification of all co-authors. The editorial staff refuse any form of so called ghostwriting or guest / honorary authorship.
- The authors are responsible for the correctness and accuracy of the data. This applies to professional affiliation (workplace, email contact), personal data as well as sources of financial support and information about the project of which the contribution was made.
- The content of the text must be consisent with the character, focus and mission of the journal.
- Within the creating of text, authors are obliged to respect the guidelines for authors, established by editorial staff, concerning the quality, intention and technical norms of paper.
- The quality of the text must meet the standards and level of scientific work.
- If authors find out any irregularities or serious misconduct in the text, they should inform the Academic board regardless the phase to the peer review process and correct mistakes.
- Authors are required to edit their text according to reviewers' opinions and send it to the managing editor until the deadline with the cover letter including the description of changes. If they do not agree with the point of view of reviewers, their reasons have to be stated in the cover letter. The Academic board in collaboration with reviewers will consider the relevance of mentioned arguments and the need of potential revision of the text.
- The Editor in Chief is responsible for deciding which of the articles submitted to the journal should be published. He follows the reviewers? recommendations and consults and informs the Academic Board of his decision.